I haven't felt like that is the kind of Mom that I can be. I would LOVE to be that Mom, but do not feel it is in the cards for me. After two weeks of comparing myself to others, I had to stop and figure out what I had to offer. Therefore, I have come to the conclusion of the type of Mom that I can and want to be for Lucas:
I want to be the Mom that will drop everything to go out and dig in the dirt. I want to be the Mom that will spend the entire Saturday watching a sports event and cheering my son on. I want to be the Mom that can be okay if my house is a little dirty, if it means that I am out on an adventure with Lucas. I am okay with not being the most creative/crafty, organized or cleanest Mom. I don't want to be "Super Mom".....I just wanted to be Lucas' Mom. Whenever Lucas thinks back on his life, I want to be in his memories. I want him to have fun stories to tell of things that we use to do together.
So from here on out, I am not going to sweat the small stuff. If my floors go one or two days without being cleaned, I will be okay with that. If I am not taking pictures of Lucas all the time, I will be okay with that. If my routine doesn't go according to plan, I will be okay with that (we all know that will be hard for me). Just as long as I am out having fun with my son, everything else can wait.
I am going to focus on being "Lucas' Mom" and not "Super Mom".
Here are some pics from the past 2 weeks with Lucas. He is such a stud!

Grandpa and Lucas

4 Generation picture

Aunt Charley and Cousin Gage

Aunt Charley and Cousin Carter

Daddy and Lucas watching Conference

Grandma and Lucas

Mommy and Lucas at the batting cages with Daddy

Daddy and Lucas after bathtime

Lucas looking like a stud in his froggy robe and slippers


3 comments:
i like it!!!
Steph you are so funny! You are a great mom and that's all that matters. Who cares if the floors are dirty or if your laundry is piled up in the laundry room? As long as you are there for him, that is all he cares about! You are Lucas' Super Mom! I love the pictures and can't wait to see him again! He sure is a stud!
Oh Steph you will be the best mom ever. You are so fun. Don't compare yourself either. It's a huge waist of time. Actually I should take my own advice because I still do it. You are going to be awesome :)
Post a Comment