Has anyone ever heard of the Flowrider? It is simulated surfing that is located in Ogden, Utah. Scott had a gift card from my Dad to go to the Flowrider. So, we took a day and headed up there. I didn't have the guts to try the Flowrider with all these strangers watching me, so Scott had to do it by himself....sorry babe. I sat on a bench and was able to watch him the whole time.
What happens is you get your mini surf board and you walk out onto the platform. You set your board down and step on it. At that point you slide off the platform and are immediately in the water. There were 2 other guys there at the same time as Scott and it was the first time for all 3 of them. I would like to say that Scott caught on faster than these boys and was able to stay up longer!!! Way to go babe.
Watch the video below to see how Scott did. He does do a face plant at the end that looks painful. However, Scott says that floor is like a trampoline and doesn't hurt when you fall. Once you fall, the water shoots you up to the top and then you get back in line and wait for your turn.
Scott and I were thinking about getting a group together to rent out the Flowrider for an hour. Who is in????

5 comments:
I know what you are all thinking, I'm BA.
Wow that looks like fun! I had no idea we had one of those in Utah. How much do they cost to rent?
That looks way fun, but hard. I didn't know those even existed! That's cool :) I would defiantly like to see Darren trying one of those out!
LOL, I just keep replaying it to watch Scott fall flat on his face!!! Nothing like running into a closed screen door though... hahaha!!!
Looks fun, if we were in Utah, we would go with you!
and we have not been updating our blog because we were on vacation with Jim's fam. You should see pictures up soon.
Post a Comment